b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jan-Wim Wesselius <jwwesselius AT mail.thuk.nl>
  • To: Gary Hedrick <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Daniel
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:00:03 +0100

See my article in the newest issue of Aramaic Studies, "The Literary Nature
of the Book of Daniel and the Linguistic Character of its Aramaic"
(accessible through http://ars.sagepub.com, apparently free until the end of
December, though I do not know the details), in which I address these issues
from the literary point of view. And yes, I think that there was one author
(or group of authors) only, though he may have used various sources, of
course.
Jan-Wim Wesselius, Theological University of Kampen, the Netherlands