b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Historical origin of Eden

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Historical origin of Eden
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 21:52:09 +0100

Vadim,

I am particularly interested in your recent claims that head of nile river is
more plausible candidate for biblical garden of eden.

I have recently seen a documentary, 'The Real Eve', where a genetic scientist
traces all women back to an original Mother in the East of Africa. She did
this by means of an anomaly whereby mitochondrial DNA is handed down from
mother to daughter only and not from father to daughter. Her research shows
that all mankind came from East Africa and that all the worlds races came
from
splitting groups in Arabia after migrating from East Africa. The documentary
claims that the human family would have had to cross over the red sea into
Arabia from East Africa as the desert was far too unforgiving.

However, I believe that the Nile river with it's source of fresh water would
have been a much more forgiving route through the desert. No doubt during the
long journey our ancestors would have passed down their memories of the lush
tropics at the head of the Nile river and this would explain why all the
world's
cultures seem to have a story about a golden age which involves some kind of
paradisaic conditions where everything grows in abundance.

I've been looking at the area of the head of the Nile river with
maps.google.co.uk
which gives nice satellite images, and the lush area seems a much stronger
candidate than the arid babylonia.
I am interested in your theories on the four rivers that flow out of the
garden
of Eden.

Security System.