b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] semantic domains

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Stoney Breyer" <stoneyb AT touchwood.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] semantic domains
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:06:18 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of Dr. Joel M. Hoffman
To translate the German "blau" ("blue"), then, into the English
"blue," is a terribly misleading mistake.

I hope you mean it 'may be' a misleading mistake - because otherwise
this is counsel of perfection = counsel of despair. Traduttore
tradittore (or however you spell it - Italian's not one of my languages)
is all very well, but you have to accept some betrayal to accomplish
anything at all.

Stoney Breyer
Writer/Touchwood, Inc.