b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language Evolution

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language Evolution
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:00:37 +0100

On 21/09/2005 21:52, Karl Randolph wrote:

Peter:

Your whole scenario is a modern fable. It is not scientific as it is not based on observable phenomena, as James Read says. All radiometric dating methods are suspect, and for the same reasons, not just C14. Whether the fable is accurate or not is outside the realm of this forum.

Karl W. Randolph.

Karl, I pity you because you can know nothing about the past. Not even what happened yesterday, even if you saw it with your own eyes, because it is not repeatable. There was a show on TV here about a man with a seven second memory. I didn't watch it, but I can imagine what it must be like. But you are worse off because you can't trust your memories for even seven seconds, because what you saw then is not repeatable.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)