b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ayin and Ghayin
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:56:48 -0500

Yitzhak:

I was just commenting below on some presuppositions I
expect to find in the article you referenced in a previous
message. By saying "expect" leaves the door open to being
wrong. Let's wait for the article before arguinig (afterwards
argue at will).

This was not a question about what you said.

I'll have to admit, though, that some of my expectations
concerning the article are based on discussions we have
had here on this forum. What I have seen are claims that
cannot be substantiated taken as fact, as well as
presuppositions that have in some examples been
contradicted by history. Unless the author references
historical evidence that is new to me, I expect to find
claims that cannot be substantiated.

Let's wait for the article before arguing.

Pray tell, what is the URL to the article?

Karl W. Randolph.