b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] More on Exodus 33:11-23

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: "Vadim Cherny" <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] More on Exodus 33:11-23
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:52:20 -0400

Vadim,

I see your point. Ex 33:19 is a very long and indirect way
of saying - No you may not see my glory.

That provides an interesting transistion into Ex 34. Moses
originally asks to be shown Yahweh's way. Yahweh says I
will grant you your request. Moses changes to the subject
to seeing the glory of Yahweh. Yahweh says no but does
show him His goodness are back-side. Then Yahweh changes
the subject back to His teachings and has Moses make a new
set of stone tablets on which will be written the ways of
Yahweh. That provides an interupted narrative Teachings -
Glory - Glory - Teachings.

Jack Tladatsi