b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JP vd Giessen" <jpvdgiessen AT freeler.nl>
  • To: Karyn Traphagen <karyn AT birchbarkstudio.com>, b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:08:35 +0200

Hi all,

I owns a Torah-scroll 10 cm height and about 5 metres long.
Script is very small but readable. Average height of the script is 1.2
millimeters.
But it is not easy in use for finding a certain text because of the rolling of
the scroll, 5 metres is very long ;)

By the way it is handwritten on parchment-like paper.

Jan Pieter van de Giessen
Barneveld, Netherlands

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:18:34 -0400, Karyn Traphagen wrote