b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kings v's Chronicles

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brian Roberts <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: Dora Smith <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kings v's Chronicles
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:15:04 -0400

On Thursday, August 4, 2005, at 06:28 PM, Dora Smith wrote:

I'm a little hazy on the details, but I think one was a nothern perspective
and one was a southern perspective.

That, I think was Richard Eliot Friedman's take on it, I think. Don't make me swear to it. Maybe someone else can clarify that. I would tend to think that, where that so, there would be more of a sense of a hatred of Solomon in the northern texts, yes?

As I recall, that view does overlook the complexity of the books of Samuel,
which tells teh same story twice from two contradictory perspectives, but
maybe it's history is different altogether!
Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com