b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] hebrew months, was Josiah's book of the Law

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] hebrew months, was Josiah's book of the Law
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:41:14 -0500

Yitzhak:

Are the Phoenician month names given below in order? If so,
they are not the same as the Hebrew month names.

In Tanakh I found the Hebrew names of four months: the first
one XD$ H)BYB (Deuteronomy 16:1), second ZW (1 Kings 6:1, 37),
seventh )TNYM (1 Kings 8:2), eighth BWL (1 Kings 6:38). Two
ofthem are also found in the list below of Phoenician month
names, but in a different order than in Hebrew. Is there
anywhere where there was a list of the Hebrew months in order?
Is there anywhere where all the Hebrew month names are given?