b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] YHWH--is translation important?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] YHWH--is translation important?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:48:28 -0400

Dear Gene,

Unless I am missing something, the answer to your question is not going to be found through a linguistic investigation of the verse from Zep. It can only be answered by personal opinion and sectarian dogma. As a result, it is still not the stuff of b-hebrew. I think you may be mistaking the mission of this list to be practically unspecialized study of the Tanakh. While it is not a scholarly or academic list per se, it is a list specialized for the study of biblical Hebrew.

Shalom,
Bryan Rocine
b-hebrew co-chair

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Chruch

--
B. M. Rocine
Living Word Chruch

  • [b-hebrew] YHWH--is translation important?, B. M. Rocine, 08/04/2005