b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH...Was..Is..Will (shall) be

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH...Was..Is..Will (shall) be
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:55:08 +0100

Dear Gene,

Sorry for my partial answer. I overlooked your real question, and only commented on the translation of HYH 1 p. s. Other grammatical persons and conjugations do not necessarily have the same future reference as 1. p. s. But to be is not the primary sense of the verb.

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
Univesity of Oslo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Gardner" <g_gardner1234 AT yahoo.com>