b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "banyai AT t-online.de" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:54:40 +0200

Hi,

This theory offers a good reconstruction scenario for the "rediscovery"
of the Books of Moses as according to the biblical statements. The state
of the art of our historical knowledge allows not to take position in
this without involving still our subjectivity. Once we could affirm to
know more in the subject of the historicity of the biblical story, we
may be able to greet this idea as fairly realistic or instead as
describing just the image the writer wanted to convey.

I incline in my subjectivity to see this as a fairly realistic
description.

Best regards,

Banyai Michael