b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] high priest on Yom Kippur -- no strings attached?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] high priest on Yom Kippur -- no strings attached?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:54:18 +0200

Aw, I seem to have contributed to keeping a baseless tall story alive:

I did a bit of hunting about the internet, and absolutely none of the people
who pass on the "rope-on-high-priests-ankle" story give sources. Some pretty
knowledgeable people, on the other hand, go out of their way to debunk it.

apologies for my gullibility
Soren