b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew in messages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew in messages
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:09:00 -0500

Peter:

Back on list.

I have been using this account for years, and only in B-Hebrew
have I received complaints of mangled reception. But then it
is also the only place where I have attempted extensive
transmission of other than ASCII messages. The two may be
related. I don't know if they are related.

Second, is the archiving software at ibiblio limited to
correctly encoded MIME messages? State it right out, don't
beat around the bush saying that html messages or other such
are produced by buggy programs. Then it is a feature, not a
bug, when it mangles non-MIME encoded messages, and non-MIME
text strings within messages. State it clearly that a MIME
complient mail program must be used and stop these bug
accusations if MIME is a requirement. If MIME is not a
requirement, then those are bugs.

Karl W. Randolph.