b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ME BEING PROVOCATIVE?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ME BEING PROVOCATIVE?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:21:18 -0500

I haven't been following this since I made my own comment (on Semitic
languages having no vowels) several days ago. The fact that theology is
very much part of the study of Hebrew vocabulary doesn't excuse being
provocative, and I don't know who has or has not been being provocative.

But for the record, theology is the entire reason to pin down Hebrew
vocabulary. It often matters what the working really is.

What was meant by the people of Sodom seeking to "know" the Angel is one
example.
Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas