b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] PQD in English in 1 Sam 15 (My response)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] PQD in English in 1 Sam 15 (My response)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:31:24 +0100

JACK WROTE:--

The thrust of the story of 1 Sam 15 is that Ameleq fought
with Isreal when Moses lead Isreal out of Egypt. This
created sin that was unatoned.

RESPONSE FROM CHRIS:--

<<<<"created sin that was unatoned for...?>>>>

Sorry but this is not how I understand it. Please read Exodus 17:16. This
puts the WHOLE issue in its correct perspective. The war with Amalek is
still going on.

God does not PUNISH to atone. He SACRIFICES

The hebraic concept of atonement is: THE SACRIFICE OF THE INNOCENT, NOT THE
SACRIFICE OF THE GUILTY.

Best regards, Chris Watts, Ireland.