b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Punishment for sins "Samuel"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Punishment for sins "Samuel"
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 4:50:38 +0000

Chris,

Way back when, the original question, or challange posed
was: *were there any examples in the OT of later
generations being punished for the sins of an earlier
generation (sins of the father being visited on the
children)* as described in Ex 34:7. I offered these two
examples (1 Sam 15 and 2 Sam 21) were this occurred.

I did not claim that this punishment was *unjust* or *
unfair* or question the ethics or equity of punishing later
generations for the actions of earlier generations in any
way. I merely say that that these two stories are examples
of this sort of punishment.

Jack Tladatsi