b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jealousy in the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <threetreepoint AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jealousy in the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:37:15 -0700

Pat,

I understand that your paper is not a technical monograph on lexical
semantics in biblical Hebrew, however ...

> I am analyzing the use of the root quf. nun.
> alef.

... to analyze the use of any root you need first to identify and adopt a
methodological framework for doing this lexical analysis. A good place to
start is http://www.sdbh.org/ follow the links under presentations and read
the two papers SBL2000 and SBL2002.

I think you will find this reading well worth the time invested.

Clay Bartholomew