b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Children being punished for fathers' sins - my response

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Vadim Cherny <VadimCherny AT mail.ru>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Children being punished for fathers' sins - my response
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:11:08 -0400

Vadim Cherny wrote:

And there is no sin, too.

Aside from the fact that this is simply wrong from the perspective of the Hebrew Bible, it also makes no sense at all. Unless on posits the notion that, for example, the murderers of Columbine did not act wrongly. Nor did Hitler, nor did Hussein, nor did bin Laden, nor did Mussolini, nor did Stalin or Lenin. The world is full of sin. The Hebrew Bible demonstrates quite clearly as well that sin is fairly well widespread and well known and practiced.

Jim

--
Jim West