b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jealousy in the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Patricia Power <papower47 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jealousy in the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:23:20 -0700

I am a graduate student at Arizona State University in the religious studies department and working right now on a paper dealing with emotions and Judaism. I am analyzing the use of the root quf. nun. alef. and would appreciate any suggestions on reading that might be appropriate. Specifically, I am interested in how emotional language is used: does it include affect, behavior, interiority of feeling, intentionality - and is the emotion, in this case jealousy, positively or negatively portrayed.

Thank you in advance,

Pat Power, BA
Arizona State University