b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Nun Gimmel Shin root

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Nun Gimmel Shin root
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:29:02 +0100

I have been slogging through pages of gesenius on his noun formations but
unfortunately am unable to find what I am looking for and that is: (if
someone could please advise I would be grateful as usual), and that is:
the construction for "drawing near" whether in an offering or to do
attle -- 'GeSHeT' I see that this comes directly from the imperfect Qal
YiGaSH. (Evan-Shoshan) Understanding nouns from verbs is not usually a
problem. But this one is confusing.

What I want to understand is how do you classify this word, a noun or a
verb. I was originally reading Exodus 34:30 (MiGeSHeT) If one could point me
to where I can read about this sort of situation in Gesenius then that would
suffice. thankyou. Chris Watts.