b-hebrew - Re: Re: [b-hebrew] audio hebrew OT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tigran Aivazian <tigran AT bibles.org.uk>
  • To: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: [b-hebrew] audio hebrew OT
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:54:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, George F Somsel wrote:
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/ptmp3prq.htm#mp3

the above mp3 files are hosted on a server in Israel and so it is _horrendously_ slow and unusable from the rest of the world, see for yourself:

$ wget http://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3001.mp3
--18:45:23-- http://media.snunit.k12.il/kodeshm/mp3/t3001.mp3
=> `t3001.mp3'
Resolving media.snunit.k12.il... 132.64.3.9
Connecting to media.snunit.k12.il[132.64.3.9]:80... connected.
Length: 532,548 [audio/mpeg]

6% [====> ] 36,620 629.75B/s ETA 13:21

i.e. 629 bytes per second download speed! It is probably faster to receive it on a CD (assuming CD is free).

Anyway having downloaded a couple of files I confirm that this is Shmuelov's recording in "file per chapter" version.

The original "file per book" version was produced by myself (ages ago) and I sent the files on CDs to Audio Scriptures International and also someone else produced a "file per chapter" version which was much more convenient so I used it in preference to my original.

But there is also Bartonov's version which is a bit more "crisp" quality.

Shalom
Tigran