b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: looking for Ben Chayyim Masoretic Text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tigran Aivazian <tigran AT bibles.org.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: looking for Ben Chayyim Masoretic Text
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:09:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

On 2nd June 2004 Steve Avery wrote:
A friend is looking for an inexpensive print edition of the -
Ben Chayyim.. (Ben Hayyim) Masoretic Text

A cheap printed edition is available from TBS at their online bookshop:

http://www.tbs-sales.org

However, your friend can download for free the scanned PDF files of this (1894) edition from our Bibles Repository:

http://www.bibles.org.uk/pdf/bibles/00README.shtml

Also, a slightly later (BFBS) edition of the same text (with more Massoretic notes than in the TBS one) is available from the same URL.

Also, at the same URL you will find the current snapshot of the new edition of ben Chayim/Ginsburg text, in the file tnk.pdf. This is a continuation of the work of Jacob b. Chayim and C.D. Ginsburg being worked on by the team at Bibles.org.uk which I lead.

As for the Printed Massorah itself, several years ago I have scanned it as well and it is freely downloadable from here:

http://www.seforimonline.org/seforim3.html

(little space left on my site so I am glad others host the works I produced)

I also scanned 2-3 years ago the original magnificient Jacob ben Chayim's 1524-25 Second Rabbinic Bible but can't put the PDFs online as they are about 2G in total size. Also, I have scanned/digitized many other ancient
(both Hebrew and Greek) Biblical resources in PDF format but so far was able to put only a tiny portion of them online (due to lack of space and other technical reasons). So if someone is looking for something to do with the Holy Scriptures then please feel free to email me and if I have what you want I'll send them on CDs or DVDs (of course, free of charge; I may even pay the postage --- Bible is one of the most neglected books today so I would be pleasantly surprized that someone is still interested in studying it)

Shalom
Tigran Aivazian
=======
http://www.bibles.org.uk --- Holy Scriptures in the Original Languages.

  • [b-hebrew] Re: looking for Ben Chayyim Masoretic Text, Tigran Aivazian, 02/19/2005