b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Assyrians chase the Israe;ites up the Danube??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Assyrians chase the Israe;ites up the Danube??
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:01:56 -0000

Hallo Members of the board, a long time since I last posted. I came across a
peculiar historical source that I am keen to verify, and I thought that
maybe there will be a few professors of Assyrian history out there willing
to offer some help.

Is there any literary or archeological evidence that supports the following:

1. Some Assyrians chased after israelites who were migrating along the
danube direction north west?
2. the city of Trier in Germany was founded actually by the Assyrians?
3. the Assyrians were referred to by the ancient hindu literature as
'ASGRAS' / 'DAITYAS' which in turn is a Sanskrit word for 'DEUTSCH' (Oh
dear I know that I am going to get into trouble for all this)

I know that this is a terrible digression from hebrew but I often read
things from people who know assyrian language and history and hope that no
one minds this un-biblical intrusion.

Appreciations as usual

Chris - Ireland

  • [b-hebrew] Assyrians chase the Israe;ites up the Danube??, wattswestmaas, 02/19/2005