b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:12 hmymyk vs. hmmk

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job 38:12 hmymyk vs. hmmk
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:59:50 -0500

Clay:

Do you claim that the HMYMYK is a verb, or a plural noun for YWM with an
interogative prefixed H- followed by a prefixed M- and a suffixed -K? Or do
you say it is a prefixed H- followed by MMK? I think it strengthens the
question about Job commanding the morning "from your days" (a poetic way of
asking if Job was the one who created the days in the beginning), more so
than just "from you".

Karl W. Randolph.