b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Re: Reference Tools

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Kummerow" <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Re: Reference Tools
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:56:27 +1000

"Cathey, Joe" wrote:

I am currently analyzing the reference tools for our seminary library. I
would like to pose a multi-pronged question to my friends on b-hebrew
list. First, what mandatory reference tools {for a research library}
would your require for Hebrew and Greek studies? Second, what mandatory
tools would you require for ancillary languages? {What languages would
you consider essential to the study of the Hebrew Bible and Greek New
Testament?} If you don't mind - give me a ranking of the tools you
include. You may either post here or send me an off list post at
jcathey AT swbts.edu

Hi,

Mark S. Smith has produced a useful work entitled "A Bibliography of Ugaritic Grammar and Biblical Hebrew Grammar in the Twentieth Century." It may be downloaded from:

http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/DEPT/RA/bibs/BH-Ugaritic.pdf

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

  • [b-hebrew] Re: Re: Reference Tools, David Kummerow, 01/13/2005