b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Reference Tools

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Reference Tools
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:24:37 -0800

On 1/12/05 8:05 AM, "Cathey, Joe" <JCathey AT swbts.edu> wrote:

> I am currently analyzing the reference tools for our seminary library. I
> would like to pose a multi-pronged question to my friends on b-hebrew
> list. First, what mandatory reference tools {for a research library}
> would your require for Hebrew and Greek studies? Second, what mandatory
> tools would you require for ancillary languages? {What languages would
> you consider essential to the study of the Hebrew Bible and Greek New
> Testament?} If you don't mind - give me a ranking of the tools you
> include. You may either post here or send me an off list post at
> jcathey AT swbts.edu

Joe,

I notice you (swbts) do not have:

Ugaritic vocabulary in syllabic transcription
  Huehnergard, John

No copies available in any library.

If you would like to purchase a copy I think I know where you can get one.
As far as I can determine this title is not generally available but a used
copy in excellent condition fell into my hands and since I don't read
Ugaritic and none of my bible translation friends seem to be interested in
this language I might be wiling to part with it for a reasonable price.

Please send offers off list. This is not e-bay, after all, :-)

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew