b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 1:6 adverb

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 1:6 adverb
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:31:08 -0500

Hi Karen,

It looks like a mistake to me in the WTM. 'axarayv has a 3ms suffix. If the WTS in your signature line stands for Westminster Theological Seminary, you might want to point the error out to Kirk Lowery who teaches at WTS and has worked on the WTM.

Shalom,
Bryan

You wrote:

Can someone please explain to me why the adverb _achar_ which also has a suffix (in Judges 1:6) gets a parsing from Accordance/Bibleworks as a feminine singular suffix when the subject and object of the referent verb are masculine?

Thanks,
K. Traphagen
WTS student

B. M. Rocine