b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:36:05 -0600

Dear Bryan,

BTW, does not Hosea 10:10 also have "eyes" in a simple plural?

Karl W. Randolph.

No. You are the only one I know who reads it that way, and I'd rather not join you. Most translators go with Qere here `avonatam, "their sin."

HH: One who has it Karl's way is Thomas McComisky in the commentary on minor prophets that he edited. He wrote the commentary for Hosea. His problem was that he could not identify the two sins. I was told that they were the calf idols at Dan and Beersheba.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard