b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hagah and Siyach

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dray Luzon <roodee AT thummy.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hagah and Siyach
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:54:34 -0800

Greetings,

After examining these two words as they appear throughout the text and especially in Psalm 143:5 I'm still having difficulty understanding the nuances. It which situations would an author choose one over the other when attempting to communicate ideas of meditation, musing and pondering? I have reviewed some of the comments in the NIDOTTE, but would appreciate any additional comments and references that any of you could provide. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-r