b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Re; authorship (was something else)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Lisbeth S Fried <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Re; authorship (was something else)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:40:26 -0500

At 12:34 PM 12/24/2004, you wrote:

Jim West wrote:

> as to Nehemiah- he's as fictional as Moses and Abraham; and fictional
> people don't write books, they are the subject of them.

and why not add Jesus to the list of fictional people who are the subject of
books?
Oh, yes, I know, you *need* to have Jesus be historical, but since you don't
need anyone else, we can dispense with them all.

Not actually. He is well attested in multiple sources both Biblical and extra-biblical.

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
Quartz Hill School of Theology