b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: g(r Psa. 106:9

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: hholmyard AT ont.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: g(r Psa. 106:9
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:02:06 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2004 3:53:49 PM Central Standard Time,
hholmyard AT ont.com writes:

> HH: Thanks. It looks as though you record some claims to information.
> Could you be more specific than "Archives, Library of Congress"? What
> book did this information come from?
>
> Yours,
> Harold Holmyard

HH,

I was born and raised six blocks from the archives of the Library of
Congress. As a kid I would walk there and research things. At the time I
was
interested in chronology of the OT and Egypt. So I researched Egyptian and
Hebraic
sources trying to synchronize these sources. High school kids are not
concerned about keeping account of such things. I have my notes on Moses'
contemperaries and things that interested me. That's all I can tell you. I
did
synchronize OT events with Egyptian sources. One important thing I remember
was in
dating the Pharaohs Petree had dated them consecutively which distorted the
times and epochs. In many cases father and son would reign concurrently.
Whitehouse made the same error in dating the OT kings, dating them
consecutively
instead of overlapping their reigns when it applied. An example would be
Amenhotep 111 suffered from leprosy and Amenhotep lV co-reigned during his
illness.
Amenhotep lV hated his father and changed his name to Akhenaton to honor of
the
sun god atum. There are letter kept at the archives written to Akhenaton
from Jerusalem. I have saved dates and names that correspond to biblical
times
and Egypt. If you are interested I am willing to share what I have.
Researching this stuff is easy at the Congressional Library and a librarian
will bring
you all the books you request, you just can't remove them. You can copy all
you wish. It's probably modernized by now and a whole lot easier. Security
might keep one out now.

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, TX