b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Question on 18th Dynasty Egypt (Peter Kirk)= pottery

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>, Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Question on 18th Dynasty Egypt (Peter Kirk)= pottery
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:36:39 -0800 (PST)

Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com> wrote:

".. ?What are the linguistic clues in Torah concerning the cooking utensiles?
"

William Dever in his succinctly entitled What Did the Biblical Writers Know &
When Did They Know It? Lists 16 different Hebrew terms for different
household pottery vessles from the Hebrew Bible accompanied by illustrations
of archaeological artifacts that these terms represent. List and
illlustrations pp. 232-3.

Uri