b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Golden Calf & the Hathor Cult of Sinai ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brian Roberts <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Golden Calf & the Hathor Cult of Sinai ?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:20:11 -0400

Banyai Micheal,

But is this degree of speculation wise in this case?

If the ultimate goal is more than a mental exercise of course.

Best Salaams,

Brian

On Thursday, September 23, 2004, at 08:59 AM, Michael Banyai wrote:

Hallo Peter.

we clearly agree in all points except about the conclusions one should draw from this. There are here several 50% decisions here, but on the whole they do not weaken the concept, because they corroborate themselves, once one accepted the main hypothesis.

One could also take the opposite way and negate each time the main hypothesis and look for individual solutions each time.

However this remains a seductive hypothesis I maintain. One which one should bear in mind and further test. Such apparently small finds like that of the Samaritan ostrakon can well change our view toward accepting my hypothesis.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart