b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Use and Misuse of Waw in Verb Tenses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Use and Misuse of Waw in Verb Tenses
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:30:35 +0100

On 19/09/2004 08:08, Rolf Furuli wrote:

Dear Peter,

Your post reveals that we speak two different languages, so I see no purpose in continuing this discussion with you.

Absolutely. But the question remains in my mind whether *anyone* other than yourself speaks your language. It seems that several others on this list are able to communicate with me on this issue, but I have seen no evidence that anyone has been convinced by your language about uncancellable semantics.

I have to conclude that if you are not able to demonstrate that you have a methodology for proving, even in principle, that any distinctions in biblical Hebrew are semantic, by your definition, then your whole argument is fundamentally flawed.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)