b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Thera quote

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Michael Banyai)
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Thera quote
  • Date: 28 Aug 2004 14:22 GMT

I regret having to corect myself, but a little erata was strictly necessary
concerning the use of Maccabees 2.1.19:"And now keep the festival of the
booths in the month of Chislev" Macc. 2, 1,9.

This statement is perfectly good to be corelated with the identification of
8-th of Abib at the summer solstice but can not be used for the purpose of
determining the date as the hebrew calendar was introduced. So it got the
wrong place in the argumentation even if it remains perfectly compatible with
my reconstruction of the hebrew calendar.

Be so kind to accept my excuse for making this fault in my demonstration.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart