b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex Pu'ah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex Pu'ah
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:05:26 +0200

Marianne,

I'm glad that you quote the Bible in Greek, but try Hebrew. The midwife in
Ex. 1:15 is named PW(H, with an 'Ayin. The "son" on Issachar in Judges and
Chr. is PW)H, with an Aleph, and in Gen. 46:13 the same name is spelled PWH
(Puvah), without the Aleph. So Pu(ah, Egyptian or not, is unique in the
Bible.

Yigal