b-hebrew - Re: Davka, was [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Davka, was [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:41:55 -0400

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:13:53 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
writes:

> [...]

Karl,

One can hardly blame Peter for not recognizing this since the word DAVKA
uses a 'K' which is the normal transliteration for the Kaf rather than
'Q' which is normally used for the Qof. I certainly didn't make the
connection. Thanks for pointing that out.

george
gfsomsel