b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Interpretation of Biblical Hebrew, or Harold, is this your methodology?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Interpretation of Biblical Hebrew, or Harold, is this your methodology?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:22:07 -0500

Harold:

I find that this is an important way to read Tanakh and Biblical Hebrew.

By reading from cover to cover, one:

1) meets every case that a lexeme is used, not just in selected studies.

2) gets a feeling for the style of each writer and how that effects each
context.

I don’t know how many times I read a verse one way while looking it up in a
concordance or a short section, but when I read it in context I realized I
had read it incorrectly. I make a point of reading cover to cover (not a
study, just reading) as well as reading short sections for studies.

Karl W. Randolph.