b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Testing or teaching???

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Testing or teaching???
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:43:37 -0500

As I understand it, the term means to put to a trial, to test. It is similar
but not quite the same as BXN which is used as in assaying a metal ore, or
testing to evaluate quality.

I don’t see where it can mean training. Though success in a time of trial can
prepare a person for greater successes.

Karl W. Randolph.