b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kadeshah & Zonah in Genesis 32 + More

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kadeshah & Zonah in Genesis 32 + More
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:33:52 -0500

Dear George,

Personally, I think it has nothing to do with any putative Moses who was
supposed to have led an exodus from Egypt (evidence does not suggest the
historicity of such an event). It was a program piece which was written
to account for certain historical relationships and theological
positions. If it were merely an historical account, I would question its
value for anything more than antiquarian reasons. It would not have
appeared until after the monarchy was instituted.

HH: You should read Kenneth Kitchen's _On the Reliability of the Old Testament_. He gives a lot of evidence supporting the historicity of the Exodus events.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard