b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:32:44 -0500

Yup, I got what Jacob promised Joseph. And I also bcaught Joseph's
(re)burial site.

I found my bible atlas and identified the two tribes, the sons of Joseph,
but not the mountains Shechem was located between nor Mount Ephraim.

In the lingo of the times, the three tribes would have been described as
closely related if they were politically and historically close to each
other. Many who see Shechem as central to it all think that Manasseh and
Ephraim formed a covenant that was the beginning of Israel, which they
celebrated at Shechem, and Benjamin was intimately involved in Israel's
prehistory.

As for provable, everything I said is completely proven. Maybe you aren't
up on it.

As for the rest of it - it reads like you're trying too hard.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com