b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Stoney Breyer" <stoneyb AT touchwood.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:39:36 -0500

GFS: I'm sure you know that Benjamin BiN:YfMIN meant "Southern."
They were "rednecks." :-) Just kidding, all you U.S. southerners.

SB: Actually, rednecks aren't exclusively Southerners (in my generation
we still capitalize it), but any rural population whose necks are
sunburned from long days bending over the plow.

GFS:It does, however, refer to the south.

SB: Does it? In light of their consistent characterization mightn't the
b'nei Yamin be banditti calling themselves something like 'Sons of the
Strongarm' - and denoting their elite as something like the Masonic
'handfast'?

Stoney Breyer
Writer
Touchwood, Inc.