b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Aktionsart and Aspect

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Eduard C Hanganu" <eddhanganu AT hotmail.com>
  • To: eddhanganu AT hotmail.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Aktionsart and Aspect
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:46:50 -0500

Hello to all!

Could someone, please, make a summary as complete as possible of the notions of Aktionsart and aspect? I have collected about 60 pages from different sources (including this forum) but they seem very confusing to me, and I don't seem to get to the bottom of it. Are these two notions different and separated? How do they relate to each other? How about perfect/imperfect, telic/atelic, bound/unbound and progressive/nonprogressive? Where do these notions fit? Are they part of Aktionsart or Aspect? And how does go about a verb analysis considering all these notions? Is there an order of priority in the analysis of these features or characteristics?

If there are also some reference books I could read in order to clarify these issues, please mention them to me!

Thank you!

Eduard

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

  • [b-hebrew] Re: Aktionsart and Aspect, Eduard C Hanganu, 06/26/2004