b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shva merahephet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: vadim_lv AT center-tv.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shva merahephet
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:29:57 -0400

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:47:13 +0300 "VC" <vadim_lv AT center-tv.net> writes:

> Dear Listmembers,
>
> Did any of you ever study the device of shva merahephet, the
> differenc between calBi (my dog), and calVei(dogs)? Any information
> on this?
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Vadim Cherny

_________________

I think this is the second time you asked this question since you
received no reply previously.

You use a term for the sewa which I may perhaps have heard but cannot
recall. Then there is the matter of your example. I find no case of KLB
used in the Tanak with a pronominal suffix. Are you referring to whether
or not a dagesh appears in the following consonant? Your transliteration
is somewhat idiosycratic. I would suggest that you take the time to
review the convention used on the list out of courtesy to the other
members who must attempt to discipher your meaning.

gfsomsel