b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] MT for all OT Translations?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bearpecs AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] MT for all OT Translations?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:50:58 EDT

My understanding is that the Syriac churches maintain that since the
apostles (like Jesus) spoke Aramaic, they would naturally have written in
Aramaic
and then translated into Greek, so they consider the Peshitta NT to be the
authentic original writings of the apostles. Am I correct?

In a message dated 6/21/2004 8:16:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,