b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Gen 1:2 (4)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: krena_li_mara AT hotmail.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Gen 1:2 (4)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:42:03 -0400

Is that the group that worships Haile Selasie? It reminds me of a book I
read as a kid -- _Earth's Earliest Ages_ by Pember. In that book,
however, he did TRY to establish his position by reference to the Hebrew
text. It was only years later when I took Hebrew that I found out that
he was totally incorrect in his characterization of what the text says.
This guy doesn't even appeal very much to the text -- even in English.

george
________