b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:2 (3)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ephraim49 AT aol.com
  • To: leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:2 (3)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:05:51 EDT

Hello all.
<<Where do you get the part about the sun being turned off? And
<<planet=waters?
The Sun (also the Moon & stars) was created "as a sign" for mankind
(earthlings), on the 4th day (Wednesday) of Creation Week, which was
the first week of the 1st geological age defined by God to Moses. Since
there were no earthlings living on the planet (at the time of the first
day),
the "sign" (the Sun) was turned off. A sign serves no purpose if there is
no one to see it.

>> Genesis 1:2 begins the "seven days of Moses", not the "seven days of
>> Creation".

<<Can you bring any biblical reference for "seven days of Moses"?
Exodus 24: 15-18

> >Theology is under the false belief that Moses is describing

<<As if there is only one belief called "theology".
It's been theology & Creationism that have been feeding us misinformation
about Genesis and Creation.

> "Creation Week" in chapter one. The truth is, God was introducing
> a new concept to mankind, which man would not understand until
> the end of the 20th century AD.

<<How conceited! That God would reviel to Moses what only WE
<<(or YOU) can understand!
If you spent more time studying the text (instead of the direction this
group seems to dabble in), and asked the Almighty for understanding,
then you could teach others the truth, bringing more people to the
knowledge of our Creator, and the past history of our universe.

> If you're having trouble, ask yourself these questions:
> 1) Where did the water come from?

<<The question of "creation ex nihilo" or not has kept theologians busy for
<<several thousand years.
That's because they have kept their heads in the sand, refusing to
"do their homework". The first day of Moses was from the first week of
a later geological age (out of the defined seven).

>>Where did God have to go in order to find darkness?
Face up to (scientific) reality and throw that around for a while.
Herm