b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis - Just a Bit More

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: formoria AT carolina.rr.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis - Just a Bit More
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:37:25 -0400

Where you got that idea is certainly puzzling. What I said was that, if
mere repetition of the accounts by rote were all that is needed, then
there would be no need for such so-called scholars. Such are more like
drill instructors. What is required is a serious consideration of the
accounts where everything is examined. This includes a willingness to
consider such matters as whether or not the texts as we have them had an
earlier history. Some seem unwilling to undertake such an investigation
and simply regurgitate what they have memorized. Fortunately, there are
many who seriously consider these matters -- then there are those who
simply reject everything.

gfsomsel
_________