b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis - Just a Bit More

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brian Roberts <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis - Just a Bit More
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:56:11 -0400

On Saturday, June 5, 2004, at 12:49 PM, George F. Somsel wrote:

(snip)

I do not intend to belittle those who accept the Bible at its
face value, but that is not enough. If it were, many scholars would be
unemployed. A reasonable account must be given. It is not sufficient to
simply repeat its words by rote.

So, are you saying that the job security of DH scholars is enough reason to feed that school of thought?

Brian Roberts

gfsomsel
________

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:21:08 -0500 "Harold R. Holmyard III"